Allah is Beautiful, and Hu Loves Beauty!
When the primordial Question, "Am I not your Lord?" reached my perception, I remember, I had said, "Yes! And You are Beautiful! And I love You!" That became the anthem of my soul. Then I was put to sleep. Now I wake up. This is a chronicle of my awakening.
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Well, honestly, I've always believed in God though I sometimes fashionably call myself agnostic. I am not agnostic; I have only tried to question/ prove/ resolve the enigmas of my faith. If that looks a bit like agnosticism, it may be because it is at least far removed from stupid Muslim-ism. Which I now pine for.
You know it's very - what shall I say? - intellectual to do things like determine how the universe was born, and whether it's actually multiverse. Artists and writers also worry about parallel universes. Did the universe explode and grow itself, or was there something before it? Who could have started all this, or have we just taken a form and substance of our own? Was it evolution or creation (by the way, I think both theories are true at once)? Is there any theory which can further befuddle the whole humanity about whether there is a God and what's the God's gender?
Is Dan Brown all factual in Da Vinci Code? And whether there's actually some sort of female goddess out there? Will science bow to religion, or religion give in to science?
A whole lot of issues for the humanity.
But honestly, what will these theories - proved or unproved - do? After all, it doesn't hurt to treat your family well. Or to clear a stone away from the path of the people. Or to help the needy. Or "have faith" in the time of distress. Call it think positive. Call it thinking about the future. By another name, it's called having faith. All these things make pretty common sense.
So what care I whether the universe is expanding or shrinking?
I just want to be stupid.
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Still, I enjoyed the fact that our first endeavour was appreciated. I would have been mortified had it not turned out that good.
I was glad only that my mind was there, and intact. Thanks to memory, I remembered the good lesson, "No matter what the circumstances, you can!" After a series of strange, unsettling events one after another, I am glad that I can. I do. Actually, I enjoy the thrill of creating my own reality. Someone up there really was acting!
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Taken with thanks from meanwhile, here in france.... Thanks, Ruth/Julian!
Just when I came across this bicycle resting against a row of lovely poppies, which are perhaps my favorite flowers, we had been dreaming of a place like this - rustic, serene, and idyllic. Serendipity led me to this image, and I said, Aha! This is what I was looking for. Goose bumps of excitement erupted on my neck, and I thought, oh, this is where I'd rather be. This is where we'd rather be.
Saturday, May 07, 2005
He's invited any one from the future to a Time Traveler Convention - if they have a cure for cancer, a home on Mars, or anything to prove they really are back from the future!
Location: MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) East Campus Courtyard (42:21:36.025 degrees north, 71:05:16.332 degrees west)
Date: Saturday, May 07, 2005
Time: 10 P.M. sharp for the time travelers
I can't wait to hear about any guest who turns up!
Note: First published on NEXT> by Ramla.
Friday, May 06, 2005
- * Going to teach entrepreneurship at a local university! I put my foot down on this one when there was the slightest of chance I'd be steered away to another cource. In retrospect, I hear myself building an absolutely convincing case of why should I teach this course - and how well could I do it. Reminds me, one does best what one does with passion. Golden rule for work!
- * Have rekindled my participation in the non-profit organizations I work for/ with/ in. I've found a couple of real cool non-profit portals. TakingITGlobal is one of them.
- * Building up a website of my own. Eventually, and very soon so, it will be a people's website. It's going to be about art, culture, and media. There is a very rough front page that I have put up - in the process of gathering resources and working on it. Now that I have the freedom to!
- * Going to read up Seven Habits - and finish it! And implement the best of it!
- * Doing my writing work. I have to get organized to get better productivity out of me. See above!
Yes, what time is the clock showing right now? Thank God for things small and big. I am going to hit the sack now. Thank God for the sack (actually I sleep on the floor, but thank God for choice still!).
The only real joy in the world is watching myself metamorphose. Other, lesser, joys are watching BBC Food and inventing my own recipes in a moment of inspiration.