Monday, March 14, 2005

An eye, a cellphone, and 33mm

Photographing is weird. It doubles up life by creating an imperfect image of it. Is all perception a collage of tiny photographs?

Here's what I do to get another perspective on life - a limited one, but a very engaging one. I take out my T-mobile, and snap on. Or I just look at life through the lens. It is an addiction.

When I am not studying how light bounces off my hands, I spy on certain colors. My favorite game is catching Red. I snap on red signboards, cars, houses, dresses. Generally, I am open to anything that fascinates me. It's all about seeing "more out of the same." I am beginning to note things that I never noted before. What a great feeling it is! Makes me want to go through life with a heightened pleasure and involvement.

Here are two photos I want to share: The first one is a tree that glowed beautiful under yesterday's sunlight in the Academy. I didn't realize the special effect was set on sepia, so we'll have to forego the glowing colors here. It looked like a dusty old photo, and I love it nevertheless.



Here is something else that I caught this morn - March 14. It's a tail of frost left behind by a jet. I positioned the T-mobile several times to get a good shot from my car window... It was until I shot the tail over this fledgling tree that the picture became decipherable.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs! The sepia one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gathky, my pleasure. You may also link to the photos, if you wish. Until I am very famous, this art remains free :)

    Gisele, thanks. And I discovered through your blog that we are undertaking a common activity: acting classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fauz. I am watching your blog too. Blogs take time to develop their style and purpose - and readership. It is an interesting experience. Stay original; but it's better to not reveal too much. Take tips from other bloggers and explore several types of blogs to get an idea of how a blogging community works.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fauz. I am watching your blog too. Blogs take time to develop their style and purpose - and readership. It is an interesting experience. Stay original; but it's better to not reveal too much. Take tips from other bloggers and explore several types of blogs to get an idea of how a blogging community works.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete