Saturday, September 23, 2006

Once again: I am in love!


I belong to a kind of people I call "The Constant Lovers," the kind who always are in love though the object of their love might change often - and here I am in love again.

Something that I had been working on for the past two years, quietly and steadily, has entered a promising phase. It's a project related to beauty and life.

But my taste is not for the ethereal. It is for the existential - for the moment to moment change, for the glimpses of Divine beauty that I see in everything. It's a manner of knowing and seeing; once you have that manner you see that all you see is neither changing, nor going anywhere, it is merely the existential display of one beauty. And then what appears to be "different objects" of love are actually the love of one, and many displays of it.

And what I am working on is a way to love One in Many Ways. I am working with forms of arts that help humans connect amongst themselves first, and then with the Divine, through Beauty.

I am working with genres of art that have a great potential to cure humanity. Not that art is the way, but it's one of the many ways, and one that has largely been misleading so far.

All right ways lead to one objective; and in my work, the objective is above the way.

God knows how, little by little all my life, I have been on a quest for this beauty! God knows I have loved and accepted ugliness deeply in order to understand and one day have access to the beautiful.

After all, ugliness is a form of beauty, for those who see.

More on this another time?

This work is what has kept me very occupied recently. I hope, inshaAllah, that it will be ready to be unveiled by the end of this year.

Prayers, of course, are what I always strongly believe in. Send one my way!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment