Sunday, January 17, 2010

The First Statement

Note to self:

I had been reflecting about the first statement, the first declaration that makes a person a Muslim. It is:

No god
but Allah;
Mohammad is Allah's Messenger.


There is a reason why I have broken this statement down in essential phrases. I think it is possible that a person progresses through the various stages of this statement; and as they do, they are still, consciously or unconsciously, believers in this declaration.

The first stage of this statement is: "No god".

It is then followed by: "But: Allah".

Then: "Mohammad is Allah's Messenger."


This is all I wish to say at this moment as I begin to research what the Qur'an has to say on the matter of "god", or "no god".

~
(Pulled from the archives. Written on 17 January 2010. Published on 29 December 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment