Sunday, November 21, 2004

Of the heart, by the heart - 1

Ah, back from the break! I finally took time out for myself. And frankly, it ain't very refreshing to hang around with your computer at all times. Ooh, what an un-bloggy comment!

My favorite book remains the very intriguing Qur'an. Lately, I have got very friendly with my copy of the Qur'an - which features the very lucid Urdu translation by Maulana Moududi. I sleep clutching it on my heart. Or resting on it as a headrest. Or simple sitting with it in my lap.

Lately, my heart had been trembling wildly. And having an icon of an unmarked God kind of helped. - [How sad! Humans always need a physical assurance. An icon.] Anyhow. Through one of the darkest periods of my life when I lost a sense of self and a direction, this strange book has allowed me to see myself. It is strange, but the truth always tells you who you are...




No comments:

Post a Comment