Sunday, November 14, 2004

Poetry

1996
Inspired by personal events and that bittersweet curse of prophecy, I wrote a fair number of very intense poems in 1996. (All of them came true. We get what we wish for, or what we fear?) My brother deleted most of the work [the passion!] from our computer, and now geocities has eaten up the site. And yes, I've checked out archive.org already. No donut.

I keep most of my poetry to myself. Interactivity isn't great for poetry. I simply do not enjoy feedback. Besides, intensely personal feelings cannot be shared easily, and lightly. Worst of all, most people have a shockingly shallow understanding of humor, pain, sensitivity and other things with a sign of life.

But times have changed since 1996. And so have people. And I.

2004
I do enjoy knowing people more, and allow them to know me. Best of all, I have my family and friends with whom I have a deep connection. I have also learnt to take not everyone as seriosuly or as lightly as the other. I used to think it was "fair" to treat everyone alike. I did not understand the meaning of fairness, and did some of those very close to me a fair degree of injustice. But this is not 1996, and I am not 16 any longer.

A love for the pithy
I enjoy Haikus the most. Because they are short, and crisp. Poetry that stretches on or rhymes is not for me to read or write. Also, I can remember my haikus :). Here are a few:

Blood of Afternoon
Sun melts on the Horizon
its redness spilt over

___________________

Touch the cold mirror
The shadow of a stranger
Touch her loneliness
___________________



Your lips are gone blue
Shivering in the cold rain
My solitary friend

___________________

I love when it rains
Transcendental, free of chains
Clouds wash away all pains
___________________



Most of these are productions of very young days. I am a very different person now. Proud of what, who, and where I have been. And willing to acknowledge my own self.

Current Music: I am singing Strangers in the Night. It's lovely in Sinatra's voice, and longing in mine. I do sing well!

"Something in your eyes... was so inviting
Something in your smile... was so exciting
Something in my heart... told me I must have you!

Strangers in the night, exchanging glances
Wondering in the night, what were the chances
We'll be sharing love
Before the night was through."

Current Mood: Kitni baar batayoon? I am okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment