Saturday, November 13, 2004

What are you doing the rest of your life?

Let's talk about "current music."

Fantasia Barrino's - now FANTASIA's - What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? flows through the headset. And I am wondering: what do I like best about this song?

Fantasia's voice? The very intense way she performed it? The jazzy music? Or the honest lyrics? Or my wish to have sung it on a special occasion?

Fantasia sang the song for her girl child. I have a fantasy of singing it, for myself perhaps or for the sheer joy of singing such a beautiful song. This is how it goes:

What are you the rest of your life?
North and south and east and west of your life
I have only one request of your life
That you spend it all with me

I want to see your face in every kind of light
In fields of dawn and forests of the night
Adn when you stand before the candles on a cake
Oh let me be the one to hear the silent wish you make!

Through all of my life
Summer, winter, spring, and fall of my life
That is all I will recall of your life
It's all of my life, with you.


By the way, I sing really, really well. I heard from
Insiya that All Pakistan Music Academy is starting music classes anytime soon. I must be there!

And then I'll learn to dance. Tango!

Got to tango on, and on! *insert lovely smile*



1 comment:

  1. Those lyrics are beautiful.

    Your blog is so amazing!!

    Im going to try and comment on every post I read so I know which one's I've read.

    ReplyDelete