Sunday, November 28, 2004

Since

I wandered off to my first and the most regular blog. (I do not post there any longer.Fly, fly away! |©| Artwork by Ramla A.)
I decided to read up on what was I doing and thinking exactly a year ago.

From November 28, 2003. An Exact Year Ago.

... the world gets colder & quieter. All warmth of life shrinks itself on a couch in front of imaginary fires. And people like me - out and away from all this warmth - shiver in the cold wide world. They say things shrink in winters. But I'll tell you what... the cold world expands. Engulfs.

I am alone.

[Written on the third day of Eid, when I went to work, and it was all deserted miles around.]

Random. A Year of Logging Life.
December, 2003: My name means "the Prophetess!"... I knew what was coming. ...if my prediction of what's still to come is true, I must be stuck in the longest, most painful, and funniest twisted destiny loop of the world... I have to figure out destiny still.
[Had got a literal prediction. I didn't follow it. Met a dead end in the garden of destiny as a result. I have enjoyed the art of divination and prophecy since, but I think it is left to the very wise. I read in The Alchemist that a wise persons sees destiny in everything - be those twigs or leaves of tea or stars...]

January, 2004: During the Jewish festival of Hanukkah, children are told stories to reinforce Jewish tradition and belief. Now this is an institution. Why can't some of our holidays be dedicated to this kind of sharing and education?
[Eids this year were bland 'n' sleepy as ever. I don't know what the kids think?]

February, 2003: Am thinking of Alice in Wonderland. The cat said, what road you take depends on where you want to go. Where do *I* want to go? Where do we all want to go?
[I am happy that I am very clear on this now. The destination is the dream of the strong-willed, who are destined to achieve their dream if they act on their will! ~*^*~ I must sound twisting like Lewis Carroll!]

March, 2003: "-ism's" are deadly to any concept of a universal humanity. What an oxymoron this word "sufism" is!
[I remain inspired by the Sufi school of thought... and of teaching by way of example. Interestingly, Dr Stephen Covey prefers example over prescription as a means of persuasion. In 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, that is.]

So much has happened since! Wow! Life happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment